6 Research-Backed Web Design Tips For 2022
Check out various Research-Backed Web Design Tips for 2022. There are many styles and directions that your website design can take. It can be anything from elegant to minimalistic to vibrant to sleek and modern.
Your final website look and feel should reflect your personal style, line, and brand identity; there are some rules that can be applied.
A great web design can improve your user experience and function while still being simple to comprehend at first glance. We've collected research-backed web design tips that will make your site more engaging and effective.
6 Research-Backed Web Design Tips
1. Leverage a visual hierarchy
Each page has a visual hierarchy. Here's how we define it: Visual hierarchy is the order, size, color, and contrast of visual elements. It determines the relative importance of each element and the order they are seen by the eye.
To guide users' attention to the most important elements, web designers use visual hierarchy. Website layouts include the positioning (high or low on the webpage), the sizes (big and small), visuals, video, images, icons, and contrast (color or white space).
A visual hierarchy describes why your eyes follow a particular path on each page on the internet. It guides visitors' attention to a series of messages that point them toward an action call when used with care.
The major components of visual hierarchy include:
- Your top assets, such as your logo and business name, should be larger in size and weight. The majority of readers gravitate to bold titles first and then to shorter paragraphs.
- Make sure your website layout is well-designed to direct visitors' attention in the right direction. You can, for example, place a call-to-action button in the center of your screen or position your logo in the header.
When you create a hierarchy for your information, readers will be able to follow the breadcrumbs that you leave for them. Next, use color, contrast, spacing, and other accentuation to emphasize what is most important further.
2. Keep your homepage clean and clutter-free
Your homepage should convey your primary message immediately. People rarely read each and every word written on a website. Instead, we scan quickly through the pages, looking for keywords, sentences, and images. These behaviors are well-known, and it is better to appeal to emotions than to word count.
Website visitors will be able to understand as well as evaluate your content if they have less to click on, read, or remember. It's easier for users to do what you want them to by designing for shorter attention spans.
These simple website design tips will show you how to create a website.
- Don't forget the important stuff: Your visitors should be able to understand your website as quickly as possible without scrolling or clicking anywhere.
- Space out your content: Use whitespace between elements to space out your content. You can give your design a more open, balanced feel by leaving some areas empty. For your text, use short, easily understood paragraphs.
- Add imagery: Using high-quality media features like beautiful photographs, vector art, or icons to communicate your message can be a great alternative.
- Add a call to action: Encourage site visitors to take the action you want by placing a CTA (call-to-action) button on your website's homepage.
3. Make website content easy to understand
The ability to identify words, sentences, and phrases is called “Readability”. If your site's readability score is high, visitors will be able to scan or skim-read it easily. It makes it easy to absorb the information.
It is easy to make your website understandable. Here are some key rules:
- Contrast is crucial: A good contrast between text and background colors is essential for both readability and website accessibility. Your website's color scheme will likely reflect your brand colors. However, ensure that there is enough contrast between the elements.
- Large font size: Many people won't be able to read smaller fonts. The rule of thumb when designing web pages is to keep the body text under 16pt. This is a good starting point, but it all depends on what fonts you use for your website.
- Types of fonts: There are many fonts available in the world of typography. There are two types of fonts: Serif fonts have lines that project from the ends of letters like Times New Roman, and sans serif fonts. Sans serif fonts can be used for long online texts, such as the one you are currently reading. Mixing different fonts together can create unique combinations. You can also find display fonts that are more decorative, like script fonts that look handwritten. You should avoid using too many of these fonts to create an overwhelming effect.
- Limit the number of fonts used: A website should not contain more than three different fonts. While some projects might require more complex font combinations, too many typefaces can distract from your brand's identity and create a messy appearance.
- Use text themes: Make sure your website content has a variety of sizes and weights. This includes a large title, smaller subheadings, and a smaller paragraph or body text. This website design tip will ensure that readers are always interested in what you have to say.
4. Keep typography consistent
We expect every page to follow a certain order when we read a book. Text will be exactly the same size and have the exact same spacing. They will also follow the same repetitive format. This congruity helps us stay engaged and gives us a seamless experience while reading through a book's pages.
The typography used in web design must also be consistent and orderly. The styling of headers, body text, links, and other text must be the same on every page of a website. A given type of content should have the same padding, line spacing, and size as well as color and weight.
We love the idea of creating a style guide page that is universal for all websites. This will ensure that typography is consistent across web designs.
5. Make sure your site is easy-to-use
Although it may be your nature to challenge the norm, website navigation is not the place for you to be innovative. Your users should be able to find the information they need easily. A site with strong navigation will help search engines index your content and greatly improve the user experience.
- Your logo should be linked to your homepage: This is a tip that visitors will expect and save them countless clicks. It's highly recommended that you create your logo as part your branding efforts.
- Easy to find menu: Your website menu must be easy to find, whether you choose a classic horizontal list or a hamburger menu. You should also ensure that each section is given the appropriate importance.
- Vertical navigation: An anchor menu can be used if your site is long-scrolling, such as a single-page website. Visitors will quickly be able to jump to any section of your site with just one click. You might also consider the ‘Back To Top' button. This will take visitors to the top page no matter where they are located on your website.
- Website footer is also important: You should work on your website's footer. This is the most important thing that visitors will see on your site. It may contain your contact information, social icons, a shorter version of your menu, or other pertinent links that visitors might need.
6. Use responsive design
There are different screen sizes available on various devices. Your web design should be accessible on any device, no matter what screen size it is. It's better not to invest too much effort in complicated animations or hover effects that might not work on all devices. Instead, spend your time improving UI for everyone.
Responsive design is a way to make your website more user-friendly on both desktop and mobile devices.
Always keep learning
Beautiful websites are important. Websites should make an emotional or visual impact on visitors. Your website's success is not just about its beauty. It is about helping people find the information they are looking for. This is the core of all tips in this article. It's the real purpose of web design. These were some research-backed Web Design tips.
Web design is always evolving. This makes it such an exciting field. You can always find new tools and design techniques. Contact website designing company in Faridabad for more information.
Also, Read –