How To Monetize Your App With Google AdMob?
Your app is now complete. You might be tired of offering your app free of charge for a while. But, now you can start making money from your amazing creation, your app.
Without charging your customers a penny, the best way to make money with your mobile app is by using Ad Network. Ad Network is the best way to monetize an app. Google Admob is the best Ad Network.
There are many options for monetizing mobile apps. This blog will walk you through how to monetize your mobile apps with Google AdMob. We also show you how to integrate the created ads into your app.
What’s App Monetization?
Before we get into the details of how to monetize apps with Google AdMob, and how to integrate the ad within the app for app revenue, let’s first understand what app monetization is. App monetization, which is the term that describes how to make money from your mobile app, is an easy way to do so. Monetizing your app is an attractive option.
This is a popular way for mobile app owners to make money. Google Admob allows you to make money by showing ads in your app. It’s a Google product that allows you to make money from both iOS and Android platforms.
AdMob is a performance-based marketing tool that allows you to publish banners and video ads in order to generate revenue. The platform provides additional income for mobile app owners. This offer is only available to owners who have already commercialized their apps on the Android and iOS app stores.
These ads can be adjusted to fit the mobile device screen size automatically, eliminating the risk of creating negative user experiences. AdMob gives the app owner complete control over all aspects of their apps. You can filter your app to choose the ad types you will use and the time and place of your ad placement. Your consumers will not be distracted by ads.
Types of Banner ads
There are seven official banner types. Each one has a different dimension, and everyone can not be displayed on a phone.
1. Banner (320dp x 50dp)
Banner has a dynamic height and a fixed width (320dp) instead of a fixed height (50dp).
2. Large banner (320dpx100dp)
3. Full banner (468dpx60dp)
The full banner ad’s width is 468dp, which is more than the screen width on most phones when they are in portrait mode. Take Pixel 3 (2018) for example. The screen width is only 392dp, and the full banner has been cropped. This ad should not be used on mobile devices unless the app is set up in landscape mode, or if it targets tablets.
4. Smart banner ([Screen width] = [32dp, 50dp, or 90dp]
Smart banner will be replaced completely by adaptive banner. Adaptive banner can calculate banner height by defining widths from developers, while smart banner cannot. Smart banner cannot provide better user interface than adaptive banner.
5. Adaptive banner ([Developer specified width] x runtime high)
An adaptive banner setup is different from other types of banners.
6. Medium rectangle (300dp x 250dp)
7. Leader Board (728dpx90dp)
The Full Banner Ad’s width is too big to display on a phone in portrait or landscape modes. It is highly recommended that you verify the device dimension to be able to display the entire leaderboard ad.
How To Monetize Apps With Google Admob?
- Click on the Sign in tab to open Google AdMob’s website. If you don’t have an account, click on the Sign up option and then the ‘Create New Account’ tab.
- After logging in, click on the “Monetize” tab at the top and then the “Monetize New App” tab.
- AdMob will need a few details to enable you to create an app monetization. If you already have the app, or if it has been added to the system, you may search for it.
- Choose the Ad type you want to display, and then give the Ad’s name. You will also need to select the content type you want to display in your Ad from text or image. You can choose from both content options, and also set the refresh rate for your ad. You will be able to display multiple ads with smaller refresh rates by using less network bandwidth.
- You can also choose from multiple text ad types. The app will show you how your ad will look.
- AdMob will now provide you with the Ad Unite ID. You can save it for later.
- Next, add Firebase Analytics to the app. This will allow you to display various analytics and reports on sessions, revenue, user demographics, and other relevant data in the Firebase console. You don’t need additional code for any of these.
- Next, download the Google Mobile Ads SDK and the Check Integration Guide.
- If you want to opt for Interstitial Ads you will need to go through the first three steps, then choose Interstitial Ads. There are three types: text, image and video. You can choose any of them or all. Next, choose the cap.
- The AdMob will display the Ad Unite ID. This ID is to be saved for future use.
- The AdMob account has been registered. We have also added app for monetization. This will give us the Ad Unit ID as well as AdMob SDK. You will now need to integrate AdMob SDK, and then provide Ad Unit ID to have your ad appear in the app.
To implement Google AdMob you might consider the MTGoogleAdMob Library and downloading the code from Github.
How To Integrate AdMob SDK Into Your App?
The steps to integrate AdMob SDK into your application are listed below:
- Use the Xcode to create a new project.
- Now that you are having the GoogleMobileAds.framework from the steps mentioned earlier, and you can find the GoogleAdsMob.Swift from the Github code, you are given to handle all your AdMob tasks from your app. You will need to add these files to your app.
- You will next need to connect the outlet and methods to the View Controller class.
- You will need to enter your Ad Unit ID on the GoogleAdsMob Page for Banner and Interstitial ads.
- AdMob offers two options. If your app is still under construction, opt for the Test Ads UnitID. If not, upload the app to the App Store or Play Store with the Live Ads UnitID. Your AdMob Monetization request could be suspended if you don’t do so.
- Next, you need to initialize the Google AdMob in your AppDelegate file in the DidFInishLaunchingWithOptions.
- Copy the code from the button’s method to your app and then run it.
- You can also check out other ads and incorporate them.
Also, Read –